Monday 12 March 2012

Beauty goodies ...

This morning I got my Glossybox through the post, which is always a bonus. A few days ago I got an email from them saying that this months box features products from Harrod's, so I was quite excited and interested to see what they would include!


This month's included 'Vanitas Versace' Versace Eau de Parfum, Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter, Revive Intensite Creme Lustre SPF30, Lancome Juicy tubes in Toffee R'n'B 93 and Clarins Extra Firming Body Cream.




I was a bit skeptical about the Eau de Parfum, because I'm quite particular in what I like to wear perfume wise and I'm not a fan of anything too musky or heavy. But this is great, I would definitely recommend it to anyone that fancies a chance. It's light, but you only need a little dabbed on for it to go a long way. Its a very floral perfume but has a lovely lime twist scent to it. You could easily use it during the day and for going out in the evening too, very versatile!

I have to say I felt relieved to see the body butter didn't have cocoa butter in it like every other body butter and I want to try something new. This is gorgeous, left my skin feeling silky smooth and it wasn't too heavy unlike some cocoa body butters you get that can feel very thick and suffocating to your skin. Will be using every last bit of this one!

You can never go wrong with Clarins, although the price of their products always puts me off. I applied this before I put on my make up and it instantly made my skin feel hydrated, firm and not greasy at all! The cream is quite thick so you dont need a lot at all. Almost ten hours later my skin still feels smooth, soft, and firm.

Last month's Glossybox included a Venom lipgloss, which I fell in love with so was quite optimistic when I saw the Lancome Juicy Tube sample. It is a thick lipgloss, and can be quite sticky but it smells gorgeous and looks lovely! It's a really good colour to wear during the day too!

I haven't had a chance to use the Revive Intensite Cream yet, but I am optimistic about this given how happy I am with the other products in this month's Glossybox.

I also got two Clinique goodies with this month's Cosmopolitan - 'Moisture Surge', a gel cream that can be applied either as a mask or whenever required, and their 'High Impact' mascara. The gel cream is perfect for touching up make up when I'm at work and my skin needs a quick pick me up, or as a base before applying my foundation. It feels a bit watery when you first apply it but it quickly soaks in leaving your skin refreshed. I was really surprised with the High Impact mascara, as I didn't expect too much from it but the actual mascara wand is fab! It separates my lashes with absolutely no problem, and gives a even thick coverage which I love. A great mascara for when you need to apply your make up quickly or for touching up.

A very good week as far as beauty goodies are concerned, couldn't come at a more perfect time as I'm waiting anxiously for pay day!



No comments:

Post a Comment